Undergraduate Dissertation Prize 2020
THE HISTORY OF PARLIAMENT DISSERTATION COMPETITION 2020
Competition rules and entry instructions
1. The History of Parliament Trust will award a prize of £250 to the best undergraduate dissertation presented in 2020 on a subject relating to British or Irish parliamentary or political history.
2. Each university History department is invited to enter one dissertation which they consider to qualify. They should send a digital copy of the entry to Sammy Sturgess at email@example.com together with a completed entry form and an unbound copy of the dissertation to ‘History of Parliament Dissertation competition, 18 Bloomsbury Square, London WC1A 2NS’. Copies will not be returned.
3. Due to the disruption to university deadlines and examinaton boards we will extend the deadline (from the usual September) to 18 December 2020. If your institution requires further flexibility as events progress please get in touch with Sammy Sturgess.
4. Parliamentary History has agreed to consider publication in the Journal for the winning dissertation. The decision to publish or not will be at the discretion of the editor of Parliamentary History. They may ask for appropriate amendments if necessary.
5. For any queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details about the History of Parliament Trust, please see our website, www.historyofparliamentonline.org.