Dr Patrick Little
|Senior Research Fellow||Commons 1640-1660|
History of Parliament Research
My work at the history of parliament has concentrated on the MPs who sat for Ireland and Scotland during the protectorate, as well as the members for the English counties of Dorset and Cornwall. In addition to the MPs who sat for London, Westminster, Middlesex, I have recently revised biographies for who sat for Devon, Shropshire, Herefordshire and Gloucestershire.
Research and Publications
My publications include:
- Ireland in Crisis: war, politics and religion, 1641-50 (Manchester, 2020),
- The English Civil Wars (London, 2014),
- Oliver Cromwell: New Perspectives (Basingstoke, 2008)
- The Cromwellian Protectorate (Woodbridge, 2007),
- Parliaments and Politics during the Cromwellian Protectorate (with David L. Smith) (Cambridge, 2007),
- Lord Broghill and the Cromwellian Union with Ireland and Scotland (Woodbridge, 2004).